MS Access database development for Budget / Finance / HR
I provide full cycle development of multi-user distributed MS Access databases from initial concept to end-product
and post-implementation support.
- Gathering users’ requirements and performing requirements analysis
- Analyzing the scope of the development
- Programming the code of the project
- Coordinating software testing
- Performing deployment and providing maintenance
- Providing users’ training and support
Features of my solutions:
- Back-end with Azure SQL Server, SQL Server or MySQL:
- To share data over the Internet, back-end can be moved to Azure SQL Server.
- For large databases, SQL Server or MySQL back-end provides higher performance and scalability.
- Admin Module with:
- Event Log - provides real-time / historical information of logging in / out from the system with user names, date and time.
Any other events can be added to the Log (running specific forms, reports, macros etc.).
Event Log allows to see how people use the application and helps to investigate the possible data crashes / corruption.
- Remote Shutdown - allows remotely close users' sessions.
Can be used to close idle sessions when DBA needs to have an exclusive access to the application.
- The application can be integrated with other systems (ERP systems, Reporting and Business Intelligence solutions).
- Interactive reports and dashboards can be built to present outputs of the application.
- All Export / Import processes are automated.
- Finance processes are automated as needed: e.g. Cost Allocations (rent, depreciation, etc.) with different drivers.
- Different groups of users have different levels of access to database objects (forms, reports).
- Record level security is applied as needed (e.g.: members of Group A will not be able to see records of Group B).
- The application is fully secured from unauthorised access.
- Users do not have direct access to tables and queries, they work only with forms.